Conference attendees can learn about applications in diabetes treatment and prevention at the medical device manufacturer’s booth (#536)
CERRITOS, CA (June 19, 2018) – InBody will offer body composition solutions to American Diabetes Association (ADA) 78th Scientific Sessions attendees, June 22 to June 25 in Orlando, FL. The medical device manufacturer will also offer complimentary, research-grade body composition analyses on the InBody 770 and consultations at booth #536.
- The InBody 770 provides solutions to problems professionals face when treating and preventing diabetes. Problems include:
- Current methods of estimating visceral fat measures are indirect and imprecise, making them a poor tool for overall health risk assessments and long-term tracking
- Diabetic risk increase is driven by both excess fat mass and low muscle mass, however other body composition methods for diabetic risk are inaccurate or inconsistent
- Systemic inflammation caused by excess visceral fat and inflammatory hormones increase fluid retention and a patient’s risk for developing comorbidities, such as cardiovascular and renal disease
- Health professionals often have a hard time keeping patients engaged in a diet and exercise regimen.
“Studies have proved InBody devices are an effective tool for managing patients’ diabetic risks and symptoms,” said Jon Bennett, clinical research manager. “InBody products do not rely on empirical data, therefore, medical professionals can be certain the outputs generated by devices like the InBody 770, accurately reflect changes occurring in the patient.”
In less than 60 seconds, an InBody Test provides a comprehensive Result Sheet to help professionals:
- Obtain objective measurements of muscle, fat and visceral fat to assess disease risk and obesity
- Monitor outcomes of interventions aimed to improve glycemic control and prevent worsening of complications related to diabetes
- Detect fluid imbalances resulting from inflammation
InBody devices are space-efficient and medically validated. Information regarding professional demos and other InBody products will also be available at the booth.